Sunday, November 20, 2005

Franactomy

Franactomy.Wonder what it means?Well,it's basically the science about the group of tissue between your two front teeth.I got the excess of that cut off today.In human terms,this means that i went for a minor operation today to cut off the stupid piece of gum in between my two front teeth.Thus,my teeth aren't obstructed from growing anymore.
Right.About the surgery.First i went for a bout of anaesthetic.On went the topical anaesthetic(the gel like thing that numbs my gums),then Dr. Ong,my surgeon,grabbed this metallic syringe nearly a foot long (Ok,so i'm exaggerating)and injected the anaesthetic.Basically i didn't feel anything.Except for a little prick.The,i couldn't feel anything,right up to my nose.:(
Then i went to the operating room.They covered me with this dark green sterile cloth,and then they sorta 'blindfolded' me with another piece of the cloth.In short,i couldn't feel or see anything while the operation went on.Even my nose felt numb.I didn't feel a thing.But i bet without the anaesthetic,i would've been screaming bloody murder just 2 minutes into the operation.Imagine.Someone cuts off a bit of you.Ouch.
Right.Let me fast forward for a bit.About 10 minutes in,someone drops a pair of SCISSORS!!!Or so my mother says.She was watching.And then the surgeon said "Pass me the scissors again" I nearly freaked out.But then,who cares?I couldn't feel anything right up to my nose!!Dr. Ong continued on.Then,she took this really cold,wet swab and sorta dabbed my gums.I was suprised i could even feel that it was cold.I think my lips nearly cracked when she went,"Dilys,i'm going to wet your lips for you ok?"I didn't say anything(How to?My top jaw was numb!),just nodded.Finally,she said,"Almost done."I was laughing.It was done so fast!And then came the stiches.I was kinda freaking out when i felt a thread falling around my mouth.According to my mother later,Dr. Ong was using this U shaped thingy to thread the thread through my gums and then after that she was just tying lots of knots.After that came the dressing.It's this weird plasticine like thing that is harder and stays in place,of course.Dr. Ong was like,"I'm sorry,Dilys,but this dressing is going to be really ugly and bulky because i don't think it'll hold up very well due to your jaw structure."I couldn't really do anything,could i?So i just nodded again.By then,my bladder was bursting.I just wanted to go to the freaking washroom!Finally,after the surgery,and after the medicine(Yes,there is medicine.There is this mouth-wash,as i cannot brush me top jaw,and there are two types of tablets.One is a pain-killer,and one is something so that i don't get gastric because of the pain-killer.),i rushed like crazy to the toilet,which was,like,5 minutes away.
After i finally relieved my urgent bladder,i went to the mirror.Gingerly lifting my upper lip,i saw that the dressing was white.By the time i got to the car and lifted the mirror down,I saw that it was pink.Tainted pink by the blood.Naturally,I freaked.When i finally calmed down,i was at my grandma's place.I still couldn't feel most of my nose.Then i went to sleep.When i woke up,i rejoiced.I COULD FEEL MY NOSE AGAIN!!The bad thing was,i could feel the pain in my gums as well.Then,i went to watch TV.And after that,this,I'm really really really really really grateful that Kristen Tan's mother,Dr. Tay,recommended Dr, Ong,as she is really gentle.I really really really didn't feel anything.Until now.Hrmmmm...I know!!I'll go take the painkillers soon..
OK,until next time,This has been Phantomunmasked,Or Dilys,Or Kaiwen.Thankfully,i can feel my nose again.Bye!

No comments: